Are you ready for a chance to compete against the most talented students at the 2022 SHPE National Convention? Do you have what it takes to win the $9,000 team grand prize and an opportunity for an internship with Nissan?
Yes? Then all you need to do to apply is register for the convention and sign up for the Design Challenge. Then answer the following questions in a total of 500 words or less and submit your essay and resume by 11:59pm PT on Sunday, October 9. Submission instructions will be provided once you register.
- How would you modify or improve existing autonomous driving features to enhance customer experience as both autonomous-drive and conventional-drive vehicles share road-space?
- What technical and leadership skills make you “stand out from the rest” to be selected for the competition?
All applicants must answer both of the application questions, submit their resume, meet the deadline for submission, and be registered for the SHPE conference. Make sure to include your major, expected graduation date and GPA in your resume.
WHAT IS THE DESIGN CHALLENGE?
- 24 extraordinary SHPE student members will be selected and split into eight (8) teams to tackle this year’s Design Challenge sponsored by Nissan over the span of two (2) days. The competition culminates with the announcement of the winning team during the SHPE National Convention.
- Work live onsite in Charlotte with a three (3) person team, starting on Wednesday, November 2.
- Apply as an individual, we will group you into teams.
- Develop and refine an idea to address a want and/or need within the automotive industry.
- Provide a daily project briefing/presentation starting Wednesday night that will be evaluated by the Design Challenge sponsored by Nissan judges, culminating in a final presentation by the top 3 teams on Thursday evening.
- Interact with and learn from your peers, Nissan engineers and leaders, and leaders from SHPE.
- Must be registered for the 2022 SHPE National Convention
- Must be a student enrolled in an bachelor or graduate degree
- Prizes of $9000, $4000 and $2000 will be shared by the top three (3) teams.
- Competitors who complete the challenge and participate in the required presentation sessions will receive full convention registration reimbursement after the convention – further details will be provided on day one of the competition.
- Competitors will receive access to Nissan and engineering industry leaders plus SHPE leaders.
Competitors who complete the challenge and participate in the required presentation sessions will receive full convention registration reimbursement after the convention – further details will be provided on day one of the competition.
Competitors will receive access to Nissan and engineering industry leaders plus SHPE leaders.
To sign up, select Design Challenge during registration >
NOTE: Once you register and sign up, you will receive an email with instructions.